Mojo Rojo o Picón
(Red or Spicy Mojo)
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon of cumin grains
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 4 spoons of vinegar
- 15 spoons of olive oil
- cooking salt to taste.
- Peel and chop up the garlic cloves. Grind them in a mortar along with the cumin grains, the peppers with the seeds removed, and the cooking salt until they bind into a soft paste.
- Add the paprika, and then slowly add the oil and vinegar while you stir it all into a thick paste.
- This paste can be diluted to taste by using a small cup of water.
This sauce can be kept in good condition for several months in the fridge.
You can also make a not so spicy, milder sauce by using sweet peppers instead of hot peppers.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole