(Roast Leg of Pork)
- 1 leg of pork
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 small cup of wine
- black pepper.
- Grind the garlic, salt, paprika, oregano and black pepper in a mortar.
- Add the wine, the juice from half a lemon and oil little by little until it blends into a thick paste.
- Spread this paste over the leg and leave it to stand overnight.
- Next day roast the leg, opening the oven from time to time to sprinkle it with its own juice or with a little wine until it is well roasted.
- Once it has cooled down, just cut off slices each time you are going to eat it.
This starter, along with the boiled small potatoes, is one of our most popular, an ever-present at any good party.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole