- 1/2 Kg. of chickpeas
- 1/2 Kg. of beef
- 1/2 Kg. of chicken
- 1 Kg. of potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tomatoe
- 1 small cup of white wine
- 1 small cup of water or broth
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- Leave the chickpeas to soak and soften overnight.
- Wash them thoroughly the next day and place them in a pot along with the meat, salt to taste and water.
- Once cooked, drain everything off and shred the meat. Next fry the meat and the chickpeas until they get crispy and set them aside.
- Make a frying base separately by first chopping up the onion, pepper, peeled tomato and garlic cloves. Fry it all with the oil, finally adding the black pepper and the cloves.
- Once this base is ready, introduce the paprika, wine, thyme, bay leaf and a small cup of water or broth.
- Next add the meat and chickpeas and then leave it for a few minutes on the heat.
- Finally, fry the diced potatoes and mix in all the ingredients. You can also add other vegetables like carrots or green beans to this dish.
You can use the spare chickpeas and meat from the Canary casserole to prepare this dish.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole