- 1 Kg. of salty fish (preferably brown meagre or cherne)
- 1 Kg. of large potatoes
- 1 Kg. of yam
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Desalt the fish, leaving it to soak for 24 hours. It is convenient to change the water several times over this period.
- Place the yams and potatoes into a big pot without having peeled them but chopped in big dices, cover them with water and put the pot on to heat.
- When the potatoes and yams are almost ready, introduce the fish already desalted, cut into big pieces and cook it for ten minutes maximum so it does not break up into pieces.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, strain it all and serve it.
This dish is accompanied with red mojo and with pella de gofio.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole